Re: Spyglass HTML Validator 1.0 Availability

Drazen Kacar (Drazen.Kacar@public.srce.hr)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:25:15 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Drazen.Kacar@public.srce.hr (Drazen Kacar)
Subject: Re: Spyglass HTML Validator 1.0 Availability
To: murray@spyglass.com (Murray Altheim)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:25:15 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: czimmerm@NMSU.Edu, www-html@w3.org

Murray Altheim wrote:

> <GOAD>
>     All the talk of standards they promulgate is nonsense so long
>     as they can't or won't publish those standards. They are not a
>     standards company so long as they don't publish the proprietary
>     specifications that their products claim to follow. I personally
>     don't believe they use any internal DTD, and have wondered if
>     anyone in the company is capable of writing one.
> </GOAD>  <!-- God, I hope that goads _someone_ there to reply... :-) -->

I'm not someone from there, but here goes another GOAD element
<URL:http://www.eit.com/goodies/lists/www.lists/www-html.1995q3/0603.html>

<GOAD>
Last time they mentioned DTD it looked like this:

From Alex Edelstein (alexd@netscape.com)

[...]
This is the second in a set of proposals that Netscape is submitting for
consideration by IETF and W3.

Note: We are holding off on submitting officially to the RFC Editor until
we can work up some adequate DTD ATTLIST and ELEMENT definitions.
Actually, we're looking around a bit for DTD experts...
[...]
</GOAD>

It seems that nobody took a hint. People are usually looking for SGML experts
on comp.text.sgml. I've never seen a call from Netscape. hehe

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

dave@fly.cc.fer.hr
dave@zemris.fer.hr