Re: Running Applications

Pete Brower (
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:29:34 -0400

From: Pete Brower <>
To: Francisco Pinto <>,
Cc: "" <>,
Subject: RE: Running Applications
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:29:34 -0400

Good example.

This is the exact reason that I DO NOT want this functionality.  I
tend to click on web page anchors before checking what the
anchor is really pointed to.  I would hate for someone to
sneak a virus.exe file disguised as some other link.

If, for some reason, this idea takes off, please give me a way to
turn off this feature.  Or prompt me that an EXE file is about the
be executed, do I really want to do that?

Pete Brower
R&D Fellow
APPX Software, Inc.