Re: Composite DTD

Joe English writes:

> Foteos Macrides <MACRIDES@SCI.WFBR.EDU> wrote:
>
> > ... (I tried to induce Kinder, Gentler to fetch a DTD via a URL
> > in the DOCTYPE declaration, and nothing I tried worked 8-)?
>
> KGV uses SP, which (normally) supports URLs in system identifiers a la:
>
>     <!DOCTYPE MyDocType
> 	SYSTEM "http://www.my.site/dtd/mydoc.dtd"
>     >

> or
>
>     <!DOCTYPE MyDocType
> 	PUBLIC "-//me//DTD Mine//EN"
> 	"http://www.my.site/dtd/mydoc.dtd"
>     >

> but when I try this I get "URL not supported by this version".
> (I presume that this refers to the URL storage manager in SP.)

I tried to get this to work, too, but I couldn't. KGV currently
uses SP version 1.0.1; I tried using URLs as sysids with SP 1.1
elsewhere and it still said "URL not supported by this version."

Does anyone know what needs to be done before this will work?

> I'm sure Gerald Oskoboiny would be happy to add
> PUBLIC "-//www-html/DTD HTML Consensus Composite//EN"
> to the KGV catalog if we asked nicely though...

Certainly!

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald.oskoboiny@ualberta.ca>      Phone: +1 403 492 7698
Systems Analyst, Information Systems                   Fax: +1 403 492 7172