Re: TAG closing! I got proof now! :)

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Carl Morris wrote:

> BUT read the spec, not the DTD!  Yuo will read that it implies that at
> least browsers should probably expect the end tag to be missing ...
> maybe in lue of the 3.0 DTD?

Ooh, I've gone all cautious now. Am I right in saying that the spec _is_
the DTD (being a markup language and all)? If not, then the spec has got
to be infinitely big, surely, to deal with browser types that don't yet
exist yet (rendering into a hologram, for instance).

James

  James Aylett - Crystal Services (crystal.clare.cam.ac.uk): BBS, Ftp and Web
     Clare College, Cambridge, CB2 1TL -- sja20@cam.ac.uk -- (0976) 212023