Re: Using your own DTD (was Re: %flow and headers and address)

Dave Carter (dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:32:01 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:32:01 +0100 (BST)
From: Dave Carter <dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk>
To: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Using your own DTD (was Re: %flow and headers and address)

Peter,
	The one thing I would like to see in addition to what you are
doing (which is fantastic and very useful) is an expansion of the
entity names available in <MATH> mode, but I am not sure where to find
a current list. The list at
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html3/mathsym.html does not include
some symbold such as the partial derivative symbol &pd;, which arena
clearly does render (see http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Arena/tour/math2.html).
It does not include some greek capitals, which are listed at
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Arena/tour/symbols.html, and which arena
clearly also does render. In addition to the things that arena does
support, I think integral signs are very important, and it would be
useful to be able to scale integral, summation and product signs in
some way, though I appreciate that this is somewhat counter to the
spirit of html (<FONT SIZE=> inside <MATH> for instance). Surely someone
must have a more complete list of entities.

Dave Carter