Re: Using your own DTD (was Re: %flow and headers and address)

Dave Carter (
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:32:01 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:32:01 +0100 (BST)
From: Dave Carter <>
To: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: Using your own DTD (was Re: %flow and headers and address)

	The one thing I would like to see in addition to what you are
doing (which is fantastic and very useful) is an expansion of the
entity names available in <MATH> mode, but I am not sure where to find
a current list. The list at does not include
some symbold such as the partial derivative symbol &pd;, which arena
clearly does render (see
It does not include some greek capitals, which are listed at, and which arena
clearly also does render. In addition to the things that arena does
support, I think integral signs are very important, and it would be
useful to be able to scale integral, summation and product signs in
some way, though I appreciate that this is somewhat counter to the
spirit of html (<FONT SIZE=> inside <MATH> for instance). Surely someone
must have a more complete list of entities.

Dave Carter