Re: Netscape and <FRAMESET>

Walter Ian Kaye (walter@natural-innovations.com)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 00:19:58 -0800

Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 00:19:58 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Subject: RE: Netscape and <FRAMESET>

At 5:35a +0000 11/30/96, Walter Torres wrote:

>mmmm, yes, OS dependent.
>
>It seems to me that Windows based machines do have that small problem, don't
>they.
>
>Mmmmm
>
>And yes, HTML was not ment to be "very" precise in placement, but then again,
><FRAMESET> is not standard HTML so I would expect 50 pixel to *be* 50 pixels.
>
>But then again, I do have that same problem with graphics on Window machines.
>
>Tisk, tisk.

Those crazy "mapping modes" or whatever they're called sure do make WYSIWYG
a very elusive thing in MS Windows.

>Oh, how I miss my Macintosh! :)

Yep, WYSIWYG is perfect on the Mac. However, Netscape Navigator has the same
sizing problem in the Mac version. Hahaha, they were probably trying to be
compatible with their Windows version! ::boo rolls on floor laughing::