Re: Netscape Logo...

Stephanos Piperoglou (
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:03:44 +0200 (EET)

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:03:44 +0200 (EET)
From: Stephanos Piperoglou <>
To: Paulo Alberto Rodrigues <>
Subject: Re: Netscape Logo...

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Paulo Alberto Rodrigues wrote:

>     Is it possible to change the Netscape Animated Logo in the right top of
> the Browser Window, by another animation, like an animated gif????

[Sorry for answering an off-topic message but]

No, however Netscape has a couple of hidden logos. Enter the URL

And you will reach a funny little page, after which the comets falling
around the N will be replaced by the adorable mascot breathing fire.

Also, any URL containing the string '/jwz/' (without the quotes) will
replace the N with a nice compass/dial kind of thing. This is because of
Jamie Zawinski, principal developer of the Unix versions, whose initials are
jwz. I suppose he wanted to keep this behaviour even if the URL of his
homepage ( if I'm not mistaken) changed. I
think this little thing doesn't work with NN 3.0 ff., but you can try it
with 2.0.

Oh, yeah, this message SHOULD have gone to
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc, not here.

  Stephanos Piperoglou aka Sneakabout -
"Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
"Carla *WAS* the prom queen"
                                                    ...oof porothika! (tm)