Re: Netscape Logo...

Stephanos Piperoglou (spip@hol.gr)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:03:44 +0200 (EET)

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:03:44 +0200 (EET)
From: Stephanos Piperoglou <spip@hol.gr>
To: Paulo Alberto Rodrigues <par@etc.pt>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Netscape Logo...

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Paulo Alberto Rodrigues wrote:

>     Is it possible to change the Netscape Animated Logo in the right top of
> the Browser Window, by another animation, like an animated gif????

[Sorry for answering an off-topic message but]

No, however Netscape has a couple of hidden logos. Enter the URL

about:mozilla

And you will reach a funny little page, after which the comets falling
around the N will be replaced by the adorable mascot breathing fire.

Also, any URL containing the string '/jwz/' (without the quotes) will
replace the N with a nice compass/dial kind of thing. This is because of
Jamie Zawinski, principal developer of the Unix versions, whose initials are
jwz. I suppose he wanted to keep this behaviour even if the URL of his
homepage (http://home.mcom.com/people/jwz/ if I'm not mistaken) changed. I
think this little thing doesn't work with NN 3.0 ff., but you can try it
with 2.0.

Oh, yeah, this message SHOULD have gone to
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc, not here.

--
  Stephanos Piperoglou aka Sneakabout - http://users.hol.gr/~spip/index.html
"Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"