Re: HTML 3.2 PR: Please add CLASS attribute!

At 06:49 PM 11/22/96 -0600, Carl Morris wrote:
>In this case it is, the DTD describes TITLE... its illegal, even in
>FOO, its the idea that I even used FOO I don't want to be "errored" at
>...  Warned maybe, but every validation service I have used desires to
>call them "ERROR!"

That's because they are validating according the HTML specification. Because
HTML is *not* designed to be extensible, the validator is doing the right
thing. You cannot really violate the HTML standard and then complain that an
HTML validator points that out.

If you want extensible markup, you should encourage your browser vendor to
support XML.

 Paul Prescod
---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.gem.co.za/ELA/ken.html