Re: Netscape says CSS1 and Unicode support to be in NS 4.0

Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:
> Actually, there is a font working group within the W3C who have been
> developing a method for embedding fonts in Web pages using Cascading
> Style Sheets (CSS) syntax - I believe the proposal was jointly
developed
> by Microsoft and Adobe.

Netscape claims an Adobe/Apple/NS collaboration "to define and deliver
HTML extensions for type on the Web." Twould be nice if both NS and MS
were contributing, and better still if the proposed methodology were
occasionally presented for public scrutiny, and best if it were also a
generalized solution that was neither exclusively CSS nor
CSS-excluding.

David