Re: HTML 3.2 PR: Please add CLASS attribute!
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 19:38:52 -0500

Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 19:38:52 -0500
To: "Carl Morris" <>,
Subject: Re: HTML 3.2 PR: Please add CLASS attribute!

At 06:23 PM 11/22/96 -0600, Carl Morris wrote:
>Welcome, you just saw my light as to why I won't use a validator...  I
>don't think I should have to live by the rules of some DTD...  HTML was
>an extendable format, then it should be able to be extended without
>requiring a new DTD to understand it...  I wisH validators would go
>"WARNING: unrecognized"
>ranther than
>"ERROR: Get rid of this, you can not use it"

It isn't always clear what to do in these situtations:

<TITLE>This is the TITLE</TITLE>
<P><FOO><TITLE>What is this and what should a browser do with it?</TITLE></FOO>

 Paul Prescod

 Paul Prescod
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.