Re: <marquee>

F. E. Potts (fepotts@fepco.com)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 07:47:04 -0700

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 07:47:04 -0700
From: fepotts@fepco.com (F. E. Potts)
To: opedog@csra.net
Subject: Re: <marquee>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996 05:43:21 -0700, opedog@csra.net asked:
> What does the <marquee> tag do ans what are its parameters?

It is MicroSoft's attempt to outdo Netscape's <blink> in
offensiveness.  Instead of having the text <blink> to interrupt your
concentration on the site's possible content, it scrolls the text
horizontally across the page.  It works only with IE to my knowledge.

	<marquee>...</marquee>

Attributes: align, behavior, bgcolor, direction, height, hspace, loop,
scrollamount, scrolldelay, vspace, width.  It's #PCDATA, and used in
<BODY>.

Defining the characteristics of these attributes I will leave to
somebody else, as I don't have the patience for it.

-fep

--
fepotts@fepco.com
http://www.fepco.com/