Re: <LINK> (was Re: HTML 3.2 PR)

Abigail (abigail@ny.fnx.com)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:45:36 -0500 (EST)

Subject: Re: <LINK> (was Re: HTML 3.2 PR)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:45:36 -0500 (EST)
From: "Abigail" <abigail@ny.fnx.com>

You, Walter Ian Kaye, wrote:
++
++ At 10:16a -0500 11/18/96, Abigail wrote:
++ >Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
++ >++
++ >++ At 2:21p +1100 11/18/96, Stuart Young wrote:
++ >++
++ >++ >Also something like adding a home page tag in the head statement, to let
++ >++ >the browser 'know' where the home page for this document is (and offer
++ >++ >say, a little button in the browser so you can go to that home page)
++ >++ >would be useful, but not essential.
++ >++
++ >++ I integrate that into the graphics on my pages. :)
++ >
++ >
++ >Isn't that what <LINK href = "..." rel = "home"> is supposed to do?
++ >(And already does on more advanced browsers?)
++
++ Where does that show up?

Browser issue.

++                          What does "home" mean in that relationship?

Startdocument of a group of documents? For instance, if you use a
tree model, the root? Or if you have a set of pages of a company,
a link to the companies homepage?

++ Is that different from the browser's "home page", i.e. where you get
++ if you click on the Home button?

Of course.

++                                  How does that link appear? Does it
++ disturb the layout of the page? Is it distracting? Is it intuitive?

Browser issues.

Lynx for instance gives:

lynx -dump http://www.ny.fnx.com/abigail/ | head -8

                                                                        Abigail