LINK, was Re: HTML 3.2 PR -Reply

>>> Abigail <abigail@ny.fnx.com> 11/18/96 07:15am >>>
>Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>++  ++ At 2:21p +1100 11/18/96, Stuart Young wrote:
>++  ++ >Also something like adding a home page tag in the head statement, to
let
>++ >the browser 'know' where the home page for this document is (and offer
>++ >say, a little button in the browser so you can go to that home page)
>++ >would be useful, but not essential.
>++  ++ I integrate that into the graphics on my pages. :)
>
>Isn't that what <LINK href = "..." rel = "home"> is supposed to do?
>(And already does on more advanced browsers?)
>
>Abigail

Yeah, why don't MSIE and NS Nav. honor the link attribute? Is it because
it's not "sexy" like animated graphics or whatever?  Is it because it
would confuse new users of the web? Or are the programmers just lazy?

It would seem to be as easy as it was to put the "back/forward/home/reload"
buttons that are already there.

Mosaic for Macintosh has it, and does NCSA even have a full-time staff
working on Mosaic?

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r         ctaylor@nps.navy.mil
The opinions and views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of
the Naval PostGraduate School

                       "Dreams are like water, colorless, and dangerous"

                   http://vislab-www.nps.navy.mil/%7ectaylor/