URLs in sysids with SP (was Re: Composite DTD)

Gerald Oskoboiny (Gerald.Oskoboiny@UAlberta.CA)
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 21:17:38 -0700 (MST)

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <Gerald.Oskoboiny@UAlberta.CA>
Subject: URLs in sysids with SP (was Re: Composite DTD)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 21:17:38 -0700 (MST)

:
> I tried to get this to work, too, but I couldn't. KGV currently
> uses SP version 1.0.1; I tried using URLs as sysids with SP 1.1
> elsewhere and it still said "URL not supported by this version."
>
> Does anyone know what needs to be done before this will work?

In case anyone else is wondering about this, I just noticed the following
in SP's Makefile:

# Add -DSP_HAVE_SOCKET if you have sockets and you want support for HTTP

I assume this is what's needed to get URLs to work in sysids.
(I haven't tried it yet.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald.oskoboiny@ualberta.ca>      Phone: +1 403 492 7698
Systems Analyst, Information Systems                   Fax: +1 403 492 7172