Re: HTML 3.2 PR (fwd)

At 03:49 PM 11/15/96 -0800, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>At 2:44p -0800 11/15/96, MegaZone wrote:
>What's complicated is all the "-//xxx/" stuff inside the DOCTYPE tag.
>Mere mortals cannot guess what is valid in there, and thus the safest
>things is to leave it out completely. The suggested thing to put there
>has changed so many times over the years and months that it is impossible
>for anyone to know for sure what to put. Who assigns that stuff anyway?
>Does IANA decide? W3C/ERB? You? Me? Captain Kangaroo? Who knows? Not I.

The person who creates the DTD does. If new versions of the DTD are
constantly coming out, you will get new public identifiers constantly.

 Paul Prescod
---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.goldmanprize.org/goldman/ken.html