Re: Reloading a graphic and not a page..

Simone Demmel (neko@greenie.muc.de)
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:01:32 +0100 (MET)

From: neko@greenie.muc.de (Simone Demmel)
Subject: Re: Reloading a graphic and not a page..
To: webmaster@net-sport.com (Alan Thomson)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:01:32 +0100 (MET)
Cc: www-scripts@tahoenet.com, www-html@w3.org

Hi,

Alan Thomson wrote:
> I have an odd problem. I need to refresh a graphic each time a visitor go=
es to a page. I would like the browser to cache everything=20
> except one of the graphics. Sounds simple, just use a script. The problem=
 is that my hands have been tied.  I can=92t use a CGI script.=20
> Is there an HTML tag I could put into the following line to force the bro=
wser to refresh the graphic? Also, I was thinking about an=20
> SSI, but I=92ve tried and it doesn=92t seem to work.

Difficult. I have a picture at ne of my pages, that is chosen randomly
every time a visitor comes to the page (at least I hope, it is doing
this!).

Theoreticaly this should work for one picture too. If you are interested
in the code, send me a mail... ;)

ah: the 'demo-picture' is at
http://www.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~demmel/
there is only one pic.

I don't know any other solution for your Problem.

neko
--=20
Wenn ich schon klicken muss, dann will ich auch ein Bildchen haben ...
(Gert zum fehlen der Bildchen im Directory-Listing vom FTP-WEB-Server)
                               ***
neko@greenie.muc.de 	  Simone Demmel		Muenchen (Germany)
Fax.: 089/354 59 80
http://greenie.muc.de/~neko/