HTML 3.2 PR

Mary Holstege (holstege@firstfloor.COM)
Mon, 11 Nov 96 10:48:53 PST

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 96 10:48:53 PST
From: Mary Holstege <holstege@firstfloor.COM>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: HTML 3.2 PR

I'd just like to reiterate a comment I made before:

AREA should get the REL, REV, and TITLE attributes on the grounds that an
AREA is just a fancy way of presenting a normal link.

SGMLishly:

<!ATTLIST AREA
    shape   %SHAPE  rect
    coords  %COORDS #IMPLIED  -- always needed except for shape=default --
    href    %URL    #IMPLIED  -- this region acts as hypertext link --
    nohref (nohref) #IMPLIED  -- this region has no action --
    alt     CDATA   #REQUIRED
    rel     CDATA   #IMPLIED    -- forward link types --
    rev     CDATA   #IMPLIED    -- reverse link types --
    title   CDATA   #IMPLIED    -- advisory title string --

	-- Mary
	   Holstege@firstfloor.com