color names

Hakon Lie (
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 19:21:03 +0100 (MET)

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 19:21:03 +0100 (MET)
To: "Tom Schlarman" <tschlarm@Adobe.COM>
Cc: "wwwhtml" <>
Subject: color names
From: Hakon Lie <>

Tom Schlarman writes:

 > Does anybody know where there is a chart of color names and their triplet
 > value.  I need the extended colors (violet, cadetblue, etc...), not just
 > the basic 16.

A longer list of color used to be included in the CSS specification.
We took them out since we coudn't find a single person who liked the
list of color names. Alas, we havn't been able to come up with a bette
alternative yet. The last CSS spec that had it is is from May 5, 1996

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE