Re: where to find Specs

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
11 Nov 1996 01:07:12 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 11 Nov 1996 01:07:12 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: where to find Specs
To: walter@natural-innovations.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org, neko@greenie.muc.de (Simone Demmel)

   At 9:18p +0100 11/10/96, Simone Demmel wrote:
   >Something like a netscape.dtd
   >A description of the syntax of all supported tags.

   I dunno. Anyone else?

The htmlpro zipfile contains both so-called Netscape and Microsoft
DTDs (ftp://ftp.ucc.ie/pub/html/htmlpro.zip) but as someone pointed
out, these were just concocted from HTML 2.0 with no apparent attempt
to make them reflect anything in particular.

HTML Pro itself includes all knwon tags, and I'm working through them
adding notes as to who supports what. That's going to take some time
though, so volunteers are welcomed :-) I'm aiming on having v0r10 out
for the SGML'96 meeting 18-21 Nov, and that will include all the
attributes supported by Lynx (minus CLEAR on inline elements, Fote!)

///Peter