Re: <math>, <fig>, ... (fwd)

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken, this particular applet carries
> with it the disadvantages of the HTML3 math proposal (in particular,
> its equations largely specify presentation, and aren't in a form which
> would allow a symbolic math package to manipulate them easily)...
>
> rst

I am sorry I don't see this as a disadvantage, just a difference in
requirements for different applications. I need to be able to present
mathematical expressions and equations, I don't need to be able to
manipulate them. In this respect the current <math> is fine for me,
the only problem is it needs a few more symbols (basically a complete
set of TeX symbols).

Regards,
Dave Carter