Re: Font-style vs. phrase elements (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Tue, 21 May 1996 17:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Font-style vs. phrase elements (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 17:27:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time James Tauber shaped the electrons to say...
>content model of BODY and DIV and maybe even restrict the content model
>of BODY to just include DIV and restrict the placement of headings to the
>first element of a DIV. It could be called "HTML 3.2 Structured"

So you want to *force* <DIV> to be used?  Why???  Right not the
implementations I've seen add whitespace, and making headers just the
first line of a <DIV>?  So how about subheaders, I'd need a div on each
subheader in a FAQ?

No thanks, no way in hell I'd use that.  There is no reason to force DIV
to be used dozens of times in a document like that.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'