Re: HTML 3.2

Maurizio Codogno (mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it)
Sat, 11 May 1996 14:11:06 +0200

Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 14:11:06 +0200
From: mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it (Maurizio Codogno)
To: megazone@livingston.com
Subject: Re: HTML 3.2
Cc: www-html@w3.org

I agree with MetaZone that the W3C just *had* to do such a move. I
personally would have preferred that features like <CENTER> were labelled
as deprecated, and their "better" replacement written at their side.

% And using '3.2' helps put the nail in the coffin of the long defunct 3.0
% proposal.

And this is a Good Thing.

% Personally the two things I want to see most now are <OBJECT> and
% Style Sheets.

Style sheets should already be inserted into 3.2, IMNHO. It should be
a good way to let browser vendors to add support. But probably this is
the very reason why they were not added - vendors in the Consortium
did not want them  :-(

As for <MATH>, why don't we create at last a www-math mailing list, and
develop a DTD and an Internet-Draft? I admit my near-total ignorance in
SGML aspects, but I can give a hand if we decide to start with the math
part of the defunct 3.0 ...

.mau.