Re: text on graphics?

At 11:43p 05/10/96, Abigail wrote:
>You, Melt van Schoor wrote:
>++
>++ I'm wondering if anyone have ever thought about adding something to HTML
>++ that would allow me to place a specific graphic BENEATH a specific object or
>++ part of a document?
>
>The on this list beloved <fig> allowed the use of a <caption>.
>As far as I recall, <caption> allowed 'align = top'. It wouldn't
>really place a graphic below something, as well as put something
>above the graphic.
>
><fig> is dead, <object> is alive. The latest draft I've seen doesn't
>
>You could also (mis)use a table.

Mis-use? Since when is resourcefulness a bad thing? The hallmark of a cool
application is when users can make it do things which the developers never
dreamed of. On my personal home page ("Walter's Web"), I use a combination
of Netscape frames and tables to create a scrolling list of graphic buttons
which are overlaid with real text. I have not mis-used anything; I have
taken existing tools and made uniquely creative use of them. I am sorry if
you are unable to appreciate this...

-Walter