Re: HTML 3.2 [was: Unique Names & content scope -Reply ]

At 4:48p 05/07/96, Dave Carter wrote:
>I have just looked at the html 3.2 draft, and it is NOT a step forward
>from 3.0. There are netscapeisms in there, and this stinks. Apart from
><center>, another example is the BGCOLOR attribute on <BODY>, another
>is the plethora of presentation forcing attributes to <TABLE>. Quite
>frankly this shows why standards cannot be left to commercial
>organisations. I, for one, will stick to html 3.0,

If you are the only one, what will that accomplish? ;)
Sorry but the question is inevitable!

>for its greater functionality, particularly <math>, and to
>a certain extent style sheets,

Is there something about "Netscape compatibility" which precludes style sheets? I don't think so. Was there a particular comment which led you to your somewhat fatalistic conclusions, or do you just have a vendetta against Netscape? Your concern is admirable, but I think your disappointment is a bit premature...

-Walter