Re: Inline code a mistake?

At 11:29 AM 5/6/96 -0400, erik wrote:
>I know HTML is *not* a compound document specificaion, but
>compound documents have the distinct advantage of NOT being a
>part of an OS-dependent "slash-delimited directory-tree"
>concept.

There are already many compound document specifications, from the SGML
community (SDIF), from the Mac community (bento), from the Windows community
(OLE Structured Storage), Amiga (IFF), etc. Please let's not make another
one needlessly! We don't need to take an SGML-based langauge and make it
SGML-incompatible by turning it into something it wasn't meant to be.

 Paul Prescod