Re: animated .gifs (gif89a)

Jack Beslanwitch (
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:38:36 -0800

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:38:36 -0800
From: Jack Beslanwitch <>
Subject: RE: animated .gifs (gif89a)

As it happens the newewst beta version of Netscape, Atlas, seems to take
care of this problem.  I do not fine an explanation in the documentation,
but it loads it once and continues to loop while the status message at the
bottom says done and the animated Netscape icon at the top right stays
quiet.  So that plus inline AVI, WAV, MDI, bgcolor in cells of tables, as
well as a nifty looking audio conferencing and vrml plug in that come
automatically included make the new Netscape look pretty good indeed.  And,
yes, makes 89a GIF a lot more comfortable to use in a homepage design.

At 01:47 PM 3/28/96 -0800, you wrote:
>And,, and (Extra is insane...).
>What bugs me about these things is that the URL you're pointing to gets
>covered over by the "reading nn%" status message. Also, I'm afraid my hard
>disk will wear out from all the accessing! ::grind,grind,grind::
>Sure they look cool, but...
>    Walter Ian Kaye <>     Programmer - Excel, AppleScript,
>          Mountain View, CA                         ProTERM, FoxPro, HTML
>     Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter
Jack Beslanwitch
Northwest Science Fiction Resources
Pacific Northwest PC Users Group HTML SIG
(206) 723-9906