Re: tables in AOL browser

Walter Ian Kaye (
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:57:25 -0800

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:57:25 -0800
From: (Walter Ian Kaye)
Subject: Re: tables in AOL browser

At 10:20p 03/24/96, wrote:
>Does the AOL web browser recognize tables? I created a page with tables
>containing images. All had "border=0", and looked great when viewed using
>Netscape. What a surprise when I viewed the same page using AOL's web
>browser! The gifs had borders and the whole page reformatted and looked
>pitiful. Is there something that I should know? Do I have to avoid tables
>for this reason? Yes, I'm sort of new to this stuff!

AOL's current browser does not support tables. The next one, whether from
Booklink or Microsoft, will support tables. (the current one is from

AOL's current browser also doesn't properly handle popup menus in forms --
it returns the displayed contents instead of the assigned value! This is
why they all call it a "Bow-wowser"... ;->