Re: popup chit chat

At 6:49p 03/23/96, Samuel Rinnetmaki wrote:

>>3) <Bert writes: do we want to specify how long the pop-up stays on screen?
>>Until the mouse is released? But then you can't click in it any more.>
>>IMO This would only be possible if the content of the Pop-up is embedded in
>>the document as it would make for a very long click for people with slow
>>connections.  And anyway the second point is totally right.
>
>And what about those of us without a mouse?  And
>anyway, I donīt think this has nothing to do with
>HTML.  It is up to the user agent how and how long
>to show a pop-up window.

Take a look at FoxPro for DOS (or FoxPro for SCO Unix, a.k.a. Xenix) to see
how amazingly well a character-based environment can mimic a GUI
environment. If you can't find a copy, ask Microsoft for a demo disk. If
you've never seen it before, it will be quite enlightening! Grow boxes,
close boxes, zoom boxes, horizontal and vertical scrollbars, popup menus,
pulldown menus, mouse-operated hypertext help, etc. Doesn't require a
mouse, but naturally a mouse make life much easier! Everyone should have
one. ;)

-Walter