Re: Idea for adding to HTML -Reply

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, HEATH MCCARTHY wrote:

> manufacturers to support it.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> How exactly does one convince them to do this?  I've heard this kind of
> statement on several occasions, and I was wondering how I a Web
> page developer and heavy user get "them" to implement things like
> nested html.  And - I want style sheets!  But I am not equipped to us
> Arena nor are the majority of potential visitors to my sites.

If we knew that, we'd have many HTML3 browsers available for every
platform today. Basically, it seems that the major browser manufacturers
add features to "keep up" with the feature sets of their competition,
with little or no regard for what the serious authors need -- math,
stylesheets, text-compatible FIGures, and a robust definition of it all.

Benjamin C. W. Sittler