Re: A proposal [PopUp Windows for Dictionary purposes] -Reply

Matt Heffron (heffron@falstaff.css.beckman.com)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:11:25 -0800

To: Heikki Vesalainen <wes@clinet.fi>
Cc: The W3 HTML group <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: A proposal [PopUp Windows for Dictionary purposes] -Reply
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:11:25 -0800
From: Matt Heffron <heffron@falstaff.css.beckman.com>

>Hi!
>
>>  use a style sheet to indicate its popup-ness!
>
>Everyone has something to learn... I know what style sheets do, but how
>do they work?

I don't know. (My job functions are slowly taking me further from
HTML activities...at least for now.)

BUT, I do know that I'd rather have presentation information (like
popup footnotes) in Style Sheets, instead of an assortment of
HTML tags from different vendors to do the same thing (e.g. <POPUP>,
<CARTOONBUBBLE>, <PEEKABOO> ! :-)
--
Matt Heffron                      heffron@falstaff.css.beckman.com
Beckman Instruments, Inc.         voice: (714) 961-3128