Re: Indented text

At 06:50 PM 13-03-96 -0500, you wrote:
>I also think that a tag like this is simpler to use than the "style sheet"
>implementation.  After all, why re-invent the wheel :)

Just two points.

Style sheets seem intimidating at first, but when you get the hang of them
they're dead simple and they give so much more control over layout than you
could ever hope to accomplish by adding layout tags directly to HTML.

The second is that the issue is not that a single extra tag is easier than
style sheets, I agree that it is. The issue is that you need a *lot* of
extra tags because it won't stop with just the one you're proposing. In the
last few days we've seen proposals for at least 4 new tags! With all these
extra tags learning HTML will be way more complex than just learning HTML
3.0 and CSS.

Oh, and I didn't mention device independance or content markup, so: device
independance and content markup. :)

Derek
---
Derek Harding