OpenDoc [was: Plug-In Spec ]

Daniel W. Connolly (
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 00:18:31 -0500

To: Paul Prescod <>
Cc: Kay Winkler <>,,,
Subject: OpenDoc [was: Plug-In Spec ]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 00:18:31 -0500
From: "Daniel W. Connolly" <>

In message <>, Paul Prescod wr
>What I would like to know is where is CILabs and OpenDoc in all of this?

They submitted a position paper for our workshop:

>OpenDoc exists exactly for this kind of thing, is heads and shoulders above

"head and shoulders above"? I've heard this claim, but I'm still looking
for hard evidence to back it. In fact, I'd like somebody to write a W3C
draft on OpenDoc vs. other compound document architectures, kinda like
this one on the ILU Requestor:

Any takers?

> is already multiplatform, has already been integrated into a browser
>(CyberDog) and the source code is available.

What are the licensing terms for the code?