Re: justification...

Harold A. Driscoll (
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:28:50 +0000

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:28:50 +0000
To: (Christian Gerard)
From: "Harold A. Driscoll" <>
Subject: Re: justification...

At 09:11 12/3/96 -0500, Christian Gerard wrote:
>Anyone interested in having justified text?
>How about using a:
><JUST> Start......

You might want to check out the proposal for ALIGN=3DJUSTIFY in:

     "Internationalization of the HyperText Markup Language"
     Internet Draft: <draft-ietf-html-i18n-03.txt>
     Fran=E7ois Yergeau, Gavin Thomas Nicol, Glenn Adams, and=20
          Martin J. Duerst, 13 February 1996, 37 pages

IMHO, this is a much cleaner proposal than the implementation of <CENTER>
we've seen, via the ALIGN=3DCENTER in that same proposal.

The other advantage is that it avoids the proliferation of element
names...after <CENTER> and <BLINK> and <JUST> would we next have <WIGGLE>
and <SHIMMY> and <FLICKER>.? :-(  /Harold
Harold A. Driscoll
#include <std/disclaimer>