Re: html forms without cgi

Yes!!  But, I am not very familiar with Cold Fusion.  Oracle's WebSystem 1.0
uses Oracle database stored procedures to dynamically generate entire HTML
pages from the database.  In 2.0 (production on Solaris in March/April) you
can actually use server side includes (Live HTML)to embed dynamic database
generated areas into static pages.  Neither solution requires CGI coding for
each query but uses calls to Oracle PL/SQL (Procedural Language SQL) in the
database to generate the HTML.  We have found this method to be extremely fast
when compared to CGI scripts.  WebServer 2.0 will also support server side
Java and CGI/ODBC calls.  Oracle's WebServer solution also scales from NT
through Large MPP UNIX systems with no changes to your database queries.  If
you would like send me an address or voice number and I would be glad to get
info out to you or ring you to discuss further.  Thanks.

Greg Fuller

*	Greg Fuller  -  Systems Sales Consultant   *
*	Internet: 	gfuller@us.oracle.com      *
*	Phone: 		214.868.3419               *
*	Fax:		214.869-2895               *
*	222 W. Las Colinas Blvd., Suite 1000       *
*	Irving, Texas  75039                       *

Forwarded message 1