BANNER and LINK REL=BANNER elements? (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 13:51:37 -0800 (PST)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: BANNER and LINK REL=BANNER elements? (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 13:51:37 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Dan Delaney shaped the electrons to say...
>   Does any browser actually implement the BANNER element or the LINK
>REL=BANNER element? I've tried to use these and Netscape simply ignores
>them. Netscape talks about how they support HTML3.0 but so far I'm not
>convinced for many reasons.

None of the major browswers support it yet, only a couple of test browsers.

Netscape does not claim to support HTML 3.0, they claim to support *some*
of the elements of 3.0.  Basically those which were stable for a while and
were relatively simple to do.

I suspect they haven't done banner because of it's relative complexity
(compared to SUP and SUB, etc) and because it provides functionality they
are encouraging frames for.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'