passing parameters through html documents
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:51:18 GMT

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:51:18 GMT
Subject: passing parameters through html documents

I would like to be able to have a link in my document-1 like:

Document-2 might be a form or contain a reference
to a cgi script like:

but the script would actually receive:

In this way the input data could be accumulated
from several list choices. I frequently have a general
script to look up a database but find my self
in a position where I either have to have several
different forms all with a different hidden field value
or I can use a single form but have to ask the user
to fill in a field which only has one logical value
in the situation.

Sorry if this idea has already been discussed
or if there is a more elegant solution
I would be greatful if somebody pointed me to it.

Thorvaldur Gunnlaugsson       \           The Parliament of Iceland                \         comp. departm.  Vonarstr 8
voice:354-5630655 fax:5630670   \                     150 REYKJAVIK