Re: Images in Horizontal rules......
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:09:23 +0100 (BST)

Subject: Re: Images in Horizontal rules......
To: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:09:23 +0100 (BST)

Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:
> In article <>,
> "The Boss" <> wrote:
> > I believe a proposal can be worked out where the image map as a whole
> > is resized included the pixels of the image and the map click able
> In theory, yes. One suggestion is that the browser translates the
> clicked location with the corresponding dot in the original map. But
> I'm not sure how to implement this reliably, as there are many cases
> in which such a mapping would get incorrect results.

In what way could it be incorrect?

Provided that you remember the size of the original image in pixels,
you can always provide a mapping from the bounding box of a rendered
graphic back to the original image by just multiplying coordinates by
(original size/scaled size)

I would have thought that this was obvious - or am I overlooking some
vital piece of information here?

Stewart Brodie, Electronics & Computer Science, Southampton University.