Re: Controlling page breaks in printouts

Imagination's End (
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:57:20 -0600

From: "Imagination's End" <>
To: "''" <>
Subject: RE: Controlling page breaks in printouts
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:57:20 -0600

Otherwise you would need Microsoft-Word-type attributes such as "keep=20
lines together" and "keep with next item", which I don't like and in=20
any case seem to be less in the spirit of HTML.

-- Unless this BLOCK attribute somehow manipulates the actualy display =
of the data I'm not sure it should be considered as part of the =
standard.  It appears as though right from the beginning HTML was not =
meant for being printed out.  To start defining printing sepcification =
would almost seem as a waste of time.  Exactly how does one print out a =
Java applet or embedded movie?  And Tables could a be a real problem, =
for many of them extend well past one page.  BUT, if browsers supported =
such tags as BLOCK for printing only, it would'nt make much difference =
to display if you threw them in or not.