Re: Images as Horizontal Rules and List Item Bullets -Reply

Charles Peyton Taylor (CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:11:17 -0800

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:11:17 -0800
From: Charles Peyton Taylor <CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Images as Horizontal Rules and List Item Bullets -Reply

>>> Michael Seaton <bseaton@pobox.com> 06/18/96 04:29pm >>>
>>  > UL { list-style: URL(http://png.com/ellipse.png) disc }
>> UL.image {

(should be "UL:image {")

>>         width: 15px;
>>         height: 10px;
>>         color: blue;
>>          }
>
>1.  Aren't pseudo-classes identified by colons?

Yep.   Don't know why I did that.

>2.  Perhaps 'bullet' would be a better name for the pseudo-class
>than
>    'image'.  Some of the properties (e.g. color) could apply to
>regular
>    bullets as well as graphical ones.

True. When I first wrote that, I was thinking
that perhaps there would be images with other elements
and that the pseudo-class of "image" would apply to
them as well.  The more I think about it, though, I
can't think of a reason why anyone would want to do
that.

I've made these two changes in the local copy.

>Michael Seaton (mseaton@pobox.com)

BTW: do most of the people who read www-style also
read www-html?  I sent the message to www-html
because there was discussion about li and
hr images earlier.

(other BTW: I sent it from my other account because
I didn't want anyone to think that it was an
offical NPS document.)