Re: HEIGHT attribute for <TR>

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:45:30 -0700

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:45:30 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Subject: Re: HEIGHT attribute for <TR>

At 10:10a -0400 06/14/96, Ankur Bhatnagar wrote:
>Adam M. Costello wrote:
>=20
>> A while ago, as my first experiment with tables, I decided to try to
>> convert an ASCII-art chart (using <PRE>) into a <TABLE>.  Here's the
>> chart:
>>=20
>> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~amc/test/schedule.html
>
>and
>
>> I eventually came up with a gross hack:
>>=20
>> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~amc/test/table.html
>
>Dear Mr. Adam M. Costello,
[snip]
>the spreadsheet programs (which specialize in such charts) like Excel,
>Lotus etc. should give their output in GIF/JPEG/etc. formats also so
>that it can be placed in the HTML files as an IMG (Image).

I don't know what hardware Adam has, but there is a Macintosh program called=
 "clip2gif". This program is fully scriptable, and can generate GIFs by=
 telling it to draw graphic primitives and/or text. If you have a Mac, or=
 access to one, check it out (it's freeware, current version 0.7.2).

-Walter