Re: comments again ....

Lee Willis <L.Willis@comp.brad.ac.uk> writes:
>Thanks a lot for all your replies, and I'll check out the web references
>that you've given tomorrow (No access to a browser at the mo'!). Until
>then a little comment to explain some stuff. I've passed the document in
>question through the weblint validator which comes up with
>
>HTML embedded in comment can confuse some browsers.
>
>I was in fact temporarily commenting out a list item, and on so far it
>doesn't appear to have crashed anything, but maybe I should just change
>it ..
>
>The document in question can be found at ....
>
>http://www.brad.ac.uk/~lwillis/people/moog.html

Well, your girlfriend might mind being commented out, but no browser that
*properly* handles comments should. It's a valid remark on the part of the
validation service though. Some browsers are easily confused.

>Thanks again for all your help ...

No problem. I've updated my comments doc due to some replies I received today.

    http://www.stonehand.com/doc/comments.html

Murray

     Murray Altheim, Program Manager
     Spyglass, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
     phone: +1-617-621-9701 x201
     email: <mailto:murray@spyglass.com>
     http:  <http://www.stonehand.com/murray/murray.html>
            "Give a monkey the tools and he'll eventually build a typewriter."