Re: Comments in HTML

Murray Altheim (
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:30:30 -0500

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:30:30 -0500
To: Rude Boy <>
From: (Murray Altheim)
Subject: Re: Comments in HTML

Lee Willis <> writes:
>This is probably obvious if you can understand the 3.2 dtd, but since I
>can't I thought I'd ask you lot. The question I have concerns comments
>eg. the stuff between <!-- .... -->.   I realise that placing HTML within
>these can make some browsers fall over and die, but is it actually
>_Legal_ HTML  or not ???

Since this seems like an HTML FAQ question, I'm sure Thomas Boutell has
probably covered it. Check for a copy. I've also
written up a short one-pager called "Make Your Comments Legal" at

If that doesn't help or is confusing, let me know and I'll update it.

     Murray Altheim, Program Manager
     Spyglass, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
     email: <>
     http:  <>
            "Give a monkey the tools and he'll eventually build a typewriter."