Re: deprecated tags in Wilbur & Cougar -Reply

Christopher R. Maden (crm@ebt.com)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:33:04 GMT

From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crm@ebt.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:33:04 GMT
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: deprecated tags in Wilbur & Cougar -Reply

Charles Peyton Taylor:
> Also, if I remember my high school English correctly, things like
> book titles are supposed to be underlined according to many style
> guides.

Only if you have a medium (like typewriter or handwriting) that can't
do italics.  Underlining is typewriter shorthand for italics.

For titles, you should be using <cite> and letting the end-user decide
how to present them.

-Chris
--
<!NOTATION SGML.Geek PUBLIC "-//GCA//NOTATION SGML Geek//EN">
<!ENTITY crism PUBLIC "-//EBT//NONSGML Christopher R. Maden//EN" SYSTEM