Re: What about  ?

Arnoud (galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:41:53 +0200

From: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: What about  ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:41:53 +0200

In article <31FCAE4C.446B9B3D@uk.fnx.com>,
Abigail <abigail@uk.fnx.com> wrote:
> Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:
> > OTOH, it *is* current practice in Netscape, so perhaps it should be
> > defined in Wilbur as non-collapsing as well?
>
> Well, I don't think Netscape will change behaviour, regardless what
> Wilbur will say. So, what's the point of defining it as collapsing?

I am merely asking a question, since the topic keeps coming up in Usenet.
I would like to see nbsp getting *defined* once and for all. If a
browser chooses to violate an explicit definition in the spec, that's
their problem.

> People don't care what the specs say, people care how it looks on
> their own screens.

Then we might as well kill off the W3C and go home. I'm still young
and foolish, so I hope we can get something good out of this. :-)

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.