Re: What about  ?

Arnoud (
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:41:53 +0200

From: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Subject: Re: What about  ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:41:53 +0200

In article <>,
Abigail <> wrote:
> Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:
> > OTOH, it *is* current practice in Netscape, so perhaps it should be
> > defined in Wilbur as non-collapsing as well?
> Well, I don't think Netscape will change behaviour, regardless what
> Wilbur will say. So, what's the point of defining it as collapsing?

I am merely asking a question, since the topic keeps coming up in Usenet.
I would like to see nbsp getting *defined* once and for all. If a
browser chooses to violate an explicit definition in the spec, that's
their problem.

> People don't care what the specs say, people care how it looks on
> their own screens.

Then we might as well kill off the W3C and go home. I'm still young
and foolish, so I hope we can get something good out of this. :-)

To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.
Finger for public key (key ID 0x416A1A35).
Anonymity and privacy site: <>