Re: Shadows.

Benjamin Franz (snowhare@netimages.com)
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Benjamin Franz <snowhare@netimages.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Shadows.

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:

> In article <31FAE7E0.446B@aw.sgi.com>,
> Ka-Ping Yee <kpyee@aw.sgi.com> wrote:
> > I don't suppose it would be possible to throw in "shadow"
> > among the "text-decoration" properties in CSS1 to help
> > alleviate the rash of pages we are seeing with duplicated text?
>
> What kind of duplicated text would this be, and what kind of shadow
> should you get with this decoration? I've never seen the problem you
> describe, as far as I can remember.

Try <URL:http://www.netimages.com/~snowhare/anime/> for what he means.
'Floating' text and images are *very* common on the web right now.  I
would save uncounted bytes if I could somehow specify that I wanted text
or images to 'float' with a dropshadow (with some control over opacity,
'bluriness', x-y offset etc of the shadow.).

--
Benjamin Franz