mdash and ndash entities

Jim Taylor (JHTaylor@videodiscovery.com)
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:24:05 -0800

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:24:05 -0800
From: Jim Taylor <JHTaylor@videodiscovery.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: mdash and ndash entities

A while ago, in regard to the emdash/mdash endash/ndash entities
issue, I wrote:

>Would it be possible for Dan or Dave to provide an authoritative
>response so we can finally lay this issue to rest?

A perusal of the most recent Cougar DTD [1] shows that it has been
changed to reflect the ISO 8879 [2] standard. I guess that's as
authoritative as we get. In any case, it seems to be settled (thanks,
Dave) -- so now we can move on to discussing other items of galactic
importance. <snort>

-----
[1] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Cougar/HTML.dtd
[2] ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/SGML/ENTITIES/ISOpub

Jim "The Frog" Taylor, Director of Information Technology
<mailto:jhtaylor@videodiscovery.com>
Videodiscovery, Inc. - Multimedia Education for Science and Math
Seattle, WA, 206-285-5400 <http://www.videodiscovery.com/vdyweb>