Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT

At 08:25 PM 7/24/96 +0200, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:
>In article <31F60F07.7566@aw.sgi.com>,
>The problem with just throwing it out of the window is that we'll
>"meet resistance from the browser vendors", as Dan put it some time
>ago (during the <UL SRC> debate).

My understanding was that Wilbur was "current practice" and Cougar was "cool
features and recommended practice for the next little while". As such, I
think we should be seriously thinking about whether we want inline scripting
at all. Netscape can do what they want, and authors will always have the
right to follow them, but we don't have to support bad ideas.

On the other hand, Netscape is a powerful member of W3C and I am not, so I'm
probably whistling in the wind...

 Paul Prescod