Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT

In article <01I7FZRB03QW000QAQ@SCI.WFBR.EDU>,
Foteos Macrides <MACRIDES@SCI.WFBR.EDU> wrote:
> galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet) wrote:
> >People will still want to inline small scripts, so how do you propose
> >we declare the contents of <SCRIPT> with the above addition?
>
> 	<SCRIPT SRC="data:..."></SCRIPT>
>
> 	See:
>
>    http://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-data-01.txt

Ah, nice trick. :-) But then we can declare SCRIPT as EMPTY, and get
rid of the now useless </SCRIPT> closing element.

I *do* wonder how many people will be able to figure out how to inline
scripts this way; escaping spaces and the likes is not going to be
fun.

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.