Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT

Arnoud (galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl)
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 20:25:16 +0200

From: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 20:25:16 +0200

In article <31F60F07.7566@aw.sgi.com>,
Ka-Ping Yee <kpyee@aw.sgi.com> wrote:
> Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:
> > Good concept, but it won't work either, I'm afraid.
>
> No.  This is not the way to look at it.  The current deployment method
> for inline scripts is simply wrong, i'm afraid.

The problem with just throwing it out of the window is that we'll
"meet resistance from the browser vendors", as Dan put it some time
ago (during the <UL SRC> debate).

Or do you think the script-capable browsers are still small enough a
minority to make such a drastic change worth it?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.