Re: ReComments on Cougar DTD:

Arnoud (
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 20:41:48 +0200

From: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Subject: Re: ReComments on Cougar DTD:
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 20:41:48 +0200

In article <>,
Dave Raggett <> wrote:
> Dan Connolly and I have discussed this with vendors and without
> naming people, we met with resistance to adding the proposed changes
> to HTML.  An easier and perhaps better route for such presentation
> features will be via style sheets.

Bleh. Is it really that much easier to implement
HR { src = "foo.gif" } than <HR SRC="foo.gif"> for a browser developer?

And if all these presentational features should go into style sheets,
I suppose that TYPE for lists and the FONT tag will go into
deprecated in Cougar?

To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.
Finger for public key (key ID 0x416A1A35).
Anonymity and privacy site: <>